Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pillowcases for the hurting and needy

America Patchworks is collecting 1,000,000 through local quilting stores to give to needy and hurting children & adults. The store in Bluffton IN is one of the stores you can take pillowcases in to, and they will get them to the organizations. I took in 3 the other week that I had laying around my sewing area.

Today I was looking through my fabric stash, and I came across another 3 pillowcases, one of them being my most favorite one I ever made. It's a "Cat in the Hat" fabric with coordinating fabrics. It's just too cute! So I dug around some more and found fabric to make 1/2 dozen more. One is a snowflake theme, 2 are zoo animals, 1 is hearts themed, 1 is bright blue/yellow flowers print and the last one is bright dinosaurs. It's an opportunity to give to people/children who are hurting, needy and need someone to care about them. And as I sew them together I pray for the person that will receive this pillowcase.

When I get more made I will post a picture of them so you can see them.

As I was looking for fabric to go with the main fabrics in each pillowcase I came across 9 quilt blocks all sewn together in blues/oranges. Another baby quilt!!! So I'm working on putting another one together for the Hope Center.

There are so many ways we can help others if we look around where we live. And sometimes we find ways of helping that is just so much fun!! I encourage you to see if there are ways you can help out hurting needy people in a way that is not work to you, but just fun!!

Off to sew some more!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP