Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting Ready for the Quilt Retreat

This is a new experience for me...setting up a blog page. My friends have told me for years to start a blog page. I hope to get pictures of the purses/bags that I have to sell on the page soon and pictures of my quilts. I will also share recipes with you as I love to cook! My 2 sons, Brandon & Bryce 16, love to help me cook and they look up lots of new recipes. Some of the recipes are old family favorites.

Right now I am busy getting ready for a quilt retreat that happens in February. I am teaching classes on two quilts and 1 large bag. This bag is not one that I sell so I will share the project with you at a later date. Most of the fabric is cut and I have samples of the projects almost done. I just need to set aside time to quilt them on my long arm.

I'm also working on putting together some baby quilts. Some of the quilt tops were made by other quilters but most of them I made from scraps of fabric either from my own stash or from friend's stash. I then sandwich the front, backs and batting together and sew it like a pillow case. Then I turn it right side out and stitch the closing shut. I stitch around the outside of the quilt with matching thread. I plan on taking about 12-15 baby quilts to the retreat so that other women can knot them. We then will donate them to the Hope Center in Fort Wayne IN. They will be given to young women who are pregnant who aren't sure if they want to keep the baby or not. As I sew on each quilt I think about the unborn baby's life that may be saved.

Wish me luck on navigating this site. Sewing and quilting are easy for me, but computer work doesn't come quite that easy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP